MTS Holding Company is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience and protecting your personal information. MTS Holding Company is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
We will only collect personal information that is relevant and necessary for our functions and activities. We collect and store personal information that you, our contractors or business partners provide to us. Personal information collected by Metro Transport Sydney general comprises name, address, contact details (such as phone, fax and email), certain financial information (such as credit card details or bank account details).
When you visit our website, our server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes only:
- The user’s server address
- The user’s top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .and so on)
- The date and time you visited the website
- The pages accesses and documents downloaded
- The type of browser used
- No attempt will be made to identify users, or their browsing activities, unless we are lawfully required to do so for an investigation or law enforcement purposes
This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are visiting our website.
Your email address is recorded if you send us an email, however, we will not use your email address other than for the purpose for which you provided it. Email messages may be monitored for system troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
Our use of your personal information will depend on whether you have a ‘registered’ Smart card holder or whether you obtain an ‘unregistered’ Smart Card.
Unregistered Smart Cards
If you obtain an unregistered Smart Card or a non-rechargeable Smart Card – your details will be retained as follows:
- Retention of personal information – not retained
Registered Smart Cards
If you choose to register your Smart Card, you personal information will be securely held and linked to the serial number of your Smart Card. Your physical Smart Card will not hold any personal information. Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- Allowing you to top up your Smart Card
- Allowing you to obtain a replacement card
- Allowing you to cancel a lost or stolen card to protect the stored ride value
- Allowing you to access your journey history
- Allowing us to notify you of changes to your Smart card (for example impending ride balance expiry)
- Allowing us to address any queries and complaints you may have regarding your Smart card
- Providing you with information directly related to our functions and activities
- Facilitating security measures to guard against fraud or inappropriate use of your card
At times, while using Sydney Monorail and Metro Light Rail networks, you may be video recorded by way of CCTV. MTS Holding Company makes these recordings to assist with ensuring the safety of passengers, staff and business partners to ensure the security of the Sydney Monorail and Metro Light Rail networks.
Disclosure of personal information
In order to perform our functions and activities, we may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties such as:
- Your bank or financial institution
- Law enforcement agencies where it may be authorised or required by law to disclose your personal information
Personal information quality
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored accurately. Please contact us if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not complete or up to date. (See contacting us below).
Personal information security
We will protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use modification and disclosure. We have a range of physical and technological procedures in place to provide a secure environment.
The website contains links to external websites. MTS Holding Company is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of those websites.
If you have any queries about our privacy and security practices, please contact us by any of the following means during business hours Monday to Friday.
MTS Holding Company Pty Ltd
190 Pyrmont Street
Pyrmont NSW 2000
Ph: 02 8584 5250